Publications from all members of the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment are provided below. Academic publications and research outputs are also provided on individual staff webpages and by research theme.
View publications from other years:
Selected Publications (2014)
27 publications listed
- Añel, J.A., López-Moreno, J.I., Otto, F.E.L., Vicente-Serrano, S., Schaller, N., Massey, N., Buisán, S.T. and Allen, M.R. (2014) The extreme snow accumulation in the western Spanish Pyrenees during winter and spring 2013. Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, 95(9).
- Bachher, J.S., Clark, G.L., Monk, A. and Sridhar, K. (2014) “The Valley of Opportunity”: Rethinking Venture Capital for Long-Term Institutional Investors. Alternative Investment Analyst Review, 3(1): 63-75.
- Bowen, A. and Hepburn, C. (2014) Green growth: an assessment. Oxford Review of Economic Policy, 30(3): 407-422.
- Bradshaw, B. and McElroy, C.A. (2014) Company-community agreements in the mining sector. In, Louche, C. and Hebb, T. (eds.) Socially Responsible Investment in the 21st Century: Does it Make a Difference for Society?. Emerald Group Publishing Limited, Bingley, UK. pp. 173-193.
- Clark, G.L. (2014) Financial Literacy in Context: A rejoinder. Economic Geography, 90(1): 29-31.
- Clark, G.L. (2014) Roepke Lecture in Economic Geography - Financial literacy in context. Economic Geography, 90(1): 1-23.
- Clark, G.L. and Monk, A.H.B. (2014) State and local pension fund governance and the process of contracting for investment services: the scope of diversity and the problem of embeddedness. Territory, Politics, Governance, 2(2): 150-172.
- Clark, G.L. and Monk, A.H.B. (2014) The geography of investment management contracts: the UK, Europe and the global financial services industry. Environment and Planning A, 46(3): 531-549.
- Clark, G.L., Blowfield, M., McElroy, C., Caldecott, B.L., McSharry, P., McDaniels, J., Tilbury, J., Krosinsky, C. and Chachoua, E. (2014) A new vision of value: connecting corporate and societal value creation. KPMG International, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Colchester, F.E., Greeff, H., Thomson, P., Hope, R. and Clifton, D.A. (2014) Smart Handpumps: A Preliminary Data Analysis. IET Appropriate Healthcare Technologies (AHT), London.. 1-4.
- Daly, I. and Haney, A.B. (2014) 53 Interesting Ways to Communicate Your Research (Professional and Higher Education). Newmarket: The Professional and Higher Partnership. ISBN: 9781907076633.
- Ebrahim, Z., Inderwildi, O. and King, D.A. (2014) Macroeconomic impacts of oil price volatility: mitigation and resilience. Frontiers in Energy, 8(1): 9-24.
- Eklin, K., Kaminker, C., Youngman, R. and Kawanishi, O. (2014) Lessons from Established and Emerging Green Investment Bank Models. OECD Publishing, Paris.
- Gawel, A., Ward, M., Caldecott, B.L., Low, L.P., van der Gaast, W., Lee, N. and Yoshino, M. (2014) Public-private collaboration. Chapter 7 in, Benioff, R., Franke, N., Ha, S., Park, E., Harrison, N., Höhne, N., Braun, N., van Tilburg, X., Cameron, L., van der Gaast, W. and Forstater, M. (eds.) Green Growth in Practice: Lessons from country experiences. Global Green Growth Institute, Seoul, Korea. pp. 173-194.
- Girard, A.M. (2014) Stepping into formal politics: women’s engagement in formal political processes in irrigation in rural India. World Development, 57: 1-18.
- Hahn, R. and Ritz, R. (2014) Optimal Altruism in Public Good Provision. The Brookings Institution 39 pp.
- Hamilton, K. and Hepburn, C. (2014) Wealth. Oxford Review of Economic Policy, 30(1): 1-20.
- Helm, D. and Hepburn, C. (eds.) (2014) Nature in the Balance: The Economics of Biodiversity. Oxford University Press, Oxford. pp. 448. ISBN: 9780199676880.
- Hope, R. and Rouse, M. (2014) Risks and Responses to Universal Drinking Water Security. Ch. 39 in, Jägerskog, A., Swain, A. and Öjendal, J. (eds.) Water Security, Vol. 3: Water Security and Development. SAGE Publications Ltd. pp. 155-182. ISBN: 9781446293928. SAGE Library of International Security Series..
- Hoque, S.F. (2014) Water conservation in urban households: The role of policies, prices and technology. International Water Association (IWA), UK. pp. 224. ISBN: 9781780405476.
- Hoque, S.F., Gunawansa, A. and Rahman, M. (2014) Potential for residential water conservation in Dhaka. In, Lye, L.-H., Savage, V.R., Ming Chou, L., Yu, L.E. and Kua, H.-W. (eds.) Sustainability Matters: Volume 2: Asia's Energy Concerns, Green Policies and Environmental Advocacy. World Scientific Publishing, Singapore. 1108 pp. ISBN: 978-981-4546-80-5.
- Krolikowski, A. (2014) Can mobile-enabled payment methods reduce petty corruption in urban water provision? Water Alternatives, 7(1): 235-255.
- McElroy, C. (2014) Technological dynamics and the resource curse: Between macro-economic policy and local corporate social responsibility (CSR). The Extractive Industries and Society, 2(1): 56-63.
- Money, A. (2014) Corporate water risk: a critique of prevailing best practice. Journal of Management and Sustainability, 4(1): 42-59.
- Money, A. (2014) Corporate water risk: investor tolerance of the status quo. Journal of Management and Sustainability, 4(1): 60-75.
- Thomas, V., Albert, J.R.G. and Hepburn, C. (2014) Contributors to the frequency of intense climate disasters in Asia-Pacific countries. Climatic Change, 126(3-4): 381-398.
- Xie, H., Yang, J., Hu, Y., Zhang, H., Yang, Y., Zhang, K., Zhu, X., Li, Y. and Yang, C. (2014) Simulation of flow field and sludge settling in a full-scale oxidation ditch by using a two-phase flow CFD model. Chemical Engineering Science, 109: 296-305.