It is clear. We are in a time of Climate Emergency. The scale and pace of climate change threatens the business status quo.
This online programme is for senior executives who recognise the need for change within their business and are looking for guidance on how to best activate it.
It uniquely combines the academic expertise and research of two leading University of Oxford institutions:
- Saïd Business School
- Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment
Delivered in partnership with online learning provider, GetSmarter, you will be part of a community learning together through a dedicated Online Campus.
Oxford Climate Emergency Programme Official Trailer
The decisions that we take today are going to dictate what side of history we are going to be on.
It's absolutely critical to consider the role of business in the context of climate science. There really is no other option but to address the climate emergency if we are looking at sustaining our systems and our industries into the long term. Driving positive climate action requires transformation across industries and across systems. In order to be able to do that, we need to see different types of partnerships, different collaborations, different types of expertise brought together.
There's no way a single organisation can address such a complex global challenge.
This programme is about bringing together research, practice, science, business management skills in order to help you understand the things you can do to address the climate emergency.
What I hope participants are really going to take away from this programme and bring it to their organisations is a clear set of actions that you can begin taking now to address the climate emergency within your organisation.
Join us for this action-driven Oxford Climate Emergency Programme from Oxford Saïd and Smith School.
On completion of this programme you’ll walk away with:
- An understanding of the climate emergency and its future implications, from a systemic, organisational, and individual perspective.
- The skills to transform your business and gain an advantage through the use of alternative economic frameworks and business model innovation.
- Tools for driving collective action and collaboration to effectively address the climate emergency.
- A 100-day plan that ignites urgent, meaningful change in your organisation to achieve climate goals.
- Orientation module - Welcome to your Online Campus.
- Module 1 - Tackle the problem: The climate emergency.
- Module 2 - Experience the future: Climate risks and opportunities.
- Module 3 - Reimagine the future: Frameworks for a new economic system.
- Module 4 - Address the emergency: Business model innovation.
- Module 5 - Drive collective action: Collaboration.
- Module 6 - Shape the future: Plan for climate action.
"True leaders emerge in times of crisis. Navigating the climate emergency and taking meaningful action to address it will require courage, creativity, compassion, and a deep commitment to act."
Charmian Love, Programme Director
Meet the Faculty
The programme is led by Charmian Love, Social Entrepreneur in Residence and Co-Founder of B Lab UK and Aoife Brophy, Research Lecturer in Innovation and Enterprise.
Charmian is the Co-Founder and Chair of B Lab UK and is committed to helping accelerate the transition to a more regenerative, circular and inclusive economy.
Aoife is an expert in understanding what systemic environmental challenges such as the climate crisis, and associated system transitions, mean for business. She holds a joint appointment between the Smith School and Saïd Business School.
Experts and contributors
"We need leaders in all sectors, in all industries, in all organisations who are ready to be courageous in shaping the future."
Aoife Brophy, Academic Director
For a more in-depth conversation about this online programme speak to the Oxford team.
T: 44(0)7701 305954
Saïd Business School, University of Oxford