Coronavirus COVID-19 information:
Owing to the global health crisis we will continue to monitor the feasibility of this programme taking place in 2021. A decision on this will be made in line with the government guidance and with the safety and security of all students and staff in mind. In the interim successful applicants for this programme will not need to pay the course fees until the situation becomes clearer. We also advise successful applicants against committing to other related expenses (i.e. travel).
The Enterprise and the Environment Summer School is a two-week programme at the University of Oxford for undergraduate and graduate students that are passionate about leading environmental change.
The Enterprise and the Environment Summer School draws upon the research, faculty and networks from the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment to provide a unique and authentic Oxford experience. The programme includes over 50 hours of learning that is taught through combinations of debate, case-studies, role-plays, tutorials, lectures and field trips.
Content across the Enterprise and the Environment Summer School will approach the critical environmental challenges of the 21st century through the lenses of economics, finance and business practices. Through the programme students will explore issues such as:
- How does climate change affect economic stability?
- How do financial markets drive long-term environmental decision-making?
- How can we value water for sustainable development?
- What are the financial, legal, and transitional risks and opportunities to organisations from climate change?
- How are organisations and biodiversity intertwined?
- What is the latest in the science of climate change?
- What does a net-zero future mean for industries, and how can they catalyse change to reach it?
- What does impact investing look like in practice?
If you are interested in hearing the latest research and thinking from Oxford on these questions - and in searching for answers - then the Enterprise and the Environment Summer School is right for you.
There are four scholarships available for the 2021 iteration of the programme. For more information on these please visit the how to apply page.
This programme meant the world to me. I can't say how thankful I am!
"This has been an experience I will never forget"