Coronavirus COVID-19 information:
Owing to the global health crisis we have unfortunately postponed this course until 26 June - 8 July 2022.
The Enterprise and the Environment Summer School is taught by a blend of academic experts from the University of Oxford and leading practitioners within the Smith School's networks.
Dr Caitlin McElroy, Enterprise and the Environment Summer School Programme Director
Caitlin McElroy is a Departmental Research Lecturer and Director of Executive Education Programmes at the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment. Her research has revolved around the interactions between the mining industry, environment, and development. She is currently developing a programme: Sharing Resource Prosperity that explores the improved environmental sustainability and development of resource driven economies. Her first degree is from the University of Pennsylvania in History and Environmental Studies (Hons) followed by an MSc in Nature, Society and Environmental Policy (Dist) from the University of Oxford. She holds a DPhil from the University of Oxford in Economic Geography that was funded through a Clarendon Scholarship.
Previous contributors to the Enterprise and the Environment Summer School include:
- Professor Cameron Hepburn, Director, Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment
- Professor Gordon Clark, Senior Consultant and Emeritus Professor
- Dr Aoife Brophy Haney, Departmental Research Lecturer in Innovation and Enterprise
- Dr Ben Caldecott, Founding Director, Oxford Sustainable Finance Programme
- Dr Dustin Garrick, Departmental Research Lecturer in Environmental Management
- Dr Stefania Innocenti, Research Associate in Behaviour, Finance and Social Statistics
- Professor Rob Hope, Water Programme Director
- Dr Alex Money, Director, Innovative Infrastructure Investment Programme
- Dr Radhika Khosla, Senior Researcher
- Dr Michael Viehs, Associate Director at Hermes Investment Management
"I really enjoyed the level of engagement the lecturers had. This really made me confident that this is the field I want to pursue"
"I have had the most amazing time and value all the knowledge and friendships I've made."
"The course has led me to a whole new way of thinking in terms of how enterprise and the environment interact and how enterprise can be a mechanism for driving environmental change"
"The lecturers all have excellent knowledge and are inspiring"