The Summer School will be taught by a blend of academic experts and industry professionals, and will be led by our Academic and Programme Directors.
Professor Cameron Hepburn, Summer School Academic Director
Cameron Hepburn is an expert in environmental, resource and energy economics. He is a Professor of Environmental Economics at the Smith School and at the Institute for New Economic Thinking at the Oxford Martin School, and is also Professorial Research Fellow at the Grantham Research Institute at the London School of Economics and a Fellow at New College, Oxford. He is involved in policy formation, including as a member of the DECC Secretary of State's Economics Advisory Group. He has also had an entrepreneurial career, co-founding two successful businesses and investing in several other start-ups. Cameron graduated with first class honours in law and chemical engineering (with a diploma in French) from the University of Melbourne, and proceeded on a Rhodes Scholarship to complete an MPhil and DPhil (Ph.D) in economics from the University of Oxford.
Dr Caitlin McElroy, Summer School Programme Director
Caitlin McElroy is a Departmental Research Lecturer and Director of Executive Education Programmes at the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment. Her research has revolved around the interactions between the mining industry, environment, and development. She is currently developing a programme: Sharing Resource Prosperity that explores the improved environmental sustainability and development of resource driven economies. Her first degree is from the University of Pennsylvania in History and Environmental Studies (Hons) followed by an MSc in Nature, Society and Environmental Policy (Dist) from the University of Oxford. She holds a DPhil from the University of Oxford in Economic Geography that was funded through a Clarendon Scholarship.
Previous contributors have included:
- Professor Gordon Clark, Director
- Dr Aoife Brophy Haney, Departmental Research Lecturer in Innovation and Enterprise
- Dr Ben Caldecott, Sustainable Finance Programme Director
- Dr Jacquelyn Pless, Postdoctoral Researcher in Economics of Innovation
- Dr Dustin Garrick, Departmental Research Lecturer in Environmental Management
- Dr Stefania Innocenti, Research Associate in Behaviour, Finance and Social Statistics
- Professor Rob Hope, Water Programme Director
- Dr Alex Money, Director, Innovative Infrastructure Investment Programme
- Dr Susann Stritzke, Research Associate in Renewable Energy
- Dr Michael Viehs, Associate Director at Hermes Investment Management
"I really enjoyed the level of engagement the lecturers had. This really made me confident that this is the field I want to pursue"
Summer School 2018 student
"I have had the most amazing time and value all the knowledge and friendships I've made."
Summer School 2018 student
"The course has led me to a whole new way of thinking in terms of how enterprise and the environment interact and how enterprise can be a mechanism for driving environmental change"
Summer School 2017 student
"The lecturers all have excellent knowledge and are inspiring"
Summer school 2017 student