Dr Susann Stritzke is a Research Associate in renewable energy at the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment where she is focused on studying the impact of solar energy initiatives in Sub-Saharan Africa. Susann holds a Masters Degree in Political Science, Psychology and Law from the Technical University Dresden which has been complemented by studies at the Graduate Faculty of the New School University in New York. For her PhD in Political Science Susann performed an indepth analysis of parliamentary performance in Zambia and Sub-Saharan Africa. Prior to her engagement, Susann has gained profound professional experience as an International Account Manager for the Technology Sector at a global corporation. She is also managing solar and hydro energy projects in South Africa and Zambia.
- Research Associate in Renewable Energy
- Batidzirai, B., Trotter, P.A., Brophy, A., Stritzke, S., Moyo, A., Twesigye, P., Puranasamriddhi, A. and Madhlopa, A. (2021) Towards people-private-public partnerships: An integrated community engagement model for capturing energy access needs. Energy Research and Social Science, 74. 101975.
- Stritzke, S., Trotter, P.A. and Twesigye, P. (2020) Towards Responsive Energy Governance: Lessons from a Holistic Analysis of Energy Access in Uganda and Zambia. Energy Policy, 148(Part A). 111934.
- Kruger, W., Stritzke, S., and Trotter, P.A. (2019) De-risking solar auctions in sub-Saharan Africa - a comparison of site selection strategies in South Africa and Zambia. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 104: 429-438.
- Stritzke, S. (2018) Clean energy for all’: the implementation of Scaling Solar in Zambia. World Journal of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development, 15(3): 214-225.
- Stritzke, S. (2018) Practical challenges of sustainable electrification in Africa. Workshop Final Report