Publications from all members of the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment are provided below. Academic publications and research outputs are also provided on individual staff webpages and by research theme.
View publications from other years:
Selected Publications (2019)
23 publications listed
- Khosla, R. (forthcoming) Electrifying the national capital region. In, Chakravorty, S. and Sircar, N. (eds.) Colossus: The Anatomy of Delhi. Oxford University Press.
- Khosla, R. and Bhardwaj, A. (forthcoming) Indian cities and climate change. In, Dubash, N.K. (ed.) India in a Warming World: Integrating Climate Change and Development. Oxford University Press.
- Chiesa, M. (forthcoming) The Relationship between Debt and Environmental Performance: Evidence from American Publicly Listed Corporations. Working paper.
- Chiesa, M., Barua, S. and Banga, J. (forthcoming) The Green Bond Learning Curve: Issuance, Maturity, and Price. Journal of Empirical Finance.
- Chiesa, M., Carvalho, S. and Barua, S. (forthcoming) How do Companies React to Cost of Debt? A Study of Debt Effects on Corporate Environmental Performance. Working paper.
- Caldecott, B.L. and Dericks, G. (forthcoming) Empirical calibration of climate policy using corporate solvency: a case study of the UK's carbon price support. Climate Policy.
- Creutzig, F., Bai, X., Khosla, R., Viguie, V. and Yamagata, Y. (forthcoming) Focus on Systematizing and Upscaling Urban Climate Mitigation Solutions. Environment Research Letters.
- Bhardwaj, A., Joshi, M., Khosla, R. and Dubash, N.K. (2019) More priorities, more problems? Decision-making with multiple energy, development and climate objectives. Energy Research and Social Science, 49: 143-157.
- Coals, P., Burnham, D., Loveridge, A., Macdonald, D.W., 't Sas-Rolfes, M., Williams, V.L. and Vucetich, J.A. (2019) The Ethics of Human–Animal Relationships and Public Discourse: A Case Study of Lions Bred for Their Bones. Animals, 9(2).
- Farmre, J.D., Hepburn, C., Ives, M.C., Hale, T., Wetzer, T., Mealy, P. Rafaty, R., Srivastav, S. and Way, R. (2019) Sensitive intervention points in the post-carbon transition. Science, 364(6436): 132-134.
- Fuldauer, L.I., Ives, M.C., Adshead, d., Thacker, S. and Hall, J.W. (2019) Participatory planning of the future of waste management in small island developing states to deliver on the Sustainable Development Goals. Journal of Cleaner Production.
- Grasham, C.F., Korzenevica, M. and Charles, K.J. (2019) On considering climate resilience in urban water security: a review of the vulnerability of the urban poor in sub‐Saharan Africa. WIREs Water.
- Innocenti, S. and Cowan, R. (2019) Self-efficacy beliefs and Imitation: a two armed bandit experiment. European Economic Review, 113: 156-172.
- Ives, M.C., Hickford, A.J., Adshead, D., Thacker, S., Hall, J.W., Nicholls, R.J., Sway, T., Abu Ayyash, M., Jones, R. and O'Reagan, N. (2019) A systems-based assessment of Palestine's current and future infrastructure requirements. Journal of Environmental Management, 234: 200-213.
- Khosla, R. and Janda, K.B. (2019) India’s building stock: towards energy and climate change solutions. Building Research and Information, 47(1): 1-7.
- Kruger, W., Stritzke, S., and Trotter, P.A. (2019) De-risking solar auctions in sub-Saharan Africa - a comparison of site selection strategies in South Africa and Zambia. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 104: 429-438.
- Mittermeier, J.C., Roll, U., Matthews, T.J. and Grenyer, R. (2019) A season for all things: Phenological imprints in Wikipedia usage and their relevance to conservation. PLoS Biology.
- Nowicki, S., Lapworth, D.J., Ward, J.S.T., Thomson, P. and Charles, K. (2019) Tryptophan-like fluorescence as a measure of microbial contamination risk in groundwater. Science of The Total Environment, 646: 782-791.
- Peters, R. and Woodhouse, P. (2019) Reform and Regression: Discourses of Water Reallocation in Mpumalanga, South Africa. Water Alternaives, 12(3).
- Schumacher, K. (2019) Approval procedures for large-scale renewable energy installations: comparison of national legal frameworks in Japan, New Zealand, the EU and the US. Energy Policy, 129: 139-152.
- Thomson, P., Bradley, D., Katilu, A., Katuva, J., Lanzoni, M., Koehler, J. and Hope, R. (2019) Rainfall and groundwater use in rural Kenya. Science of The Total Environment, 649: 722-730.
- Urban, M. and Wojcik, D. (2019) Dirty Banking: Probing the Gap in Sustainable Finance. Sustainability, 11(6).
- Way, R., Lafond, F., Lillo, F., Panchenko, V. and Farmer, D. (2019) Wright meets Markowitz: How standard portfolio theory changes when assets are technologies following experience curves. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 101: 211-238.