Publications from all members of the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment are provided below. Academic publications and research outputs are also provided on individual staff webpages and by research theme.
View publications from other years:
Selected Publications (2019)
31 publications listed
- Khosla, R. (forthcoming) Electrifying the national capital region. In, Chakravorty, S. and Sircar, N. (eds.) Colossus: The Anatomy of Delhi. Oxford University Press.
- Khosla, R. and Bhardwaj, A. (forthcoming) Indian cities and climate change. In, Dubash, N.K. (ed.) India in a Warming World: Integrating Climate Change and Development. Oxford University Press.
- Chiesa, M. (forthcoming) The Relationship between Debt and Environmental Performance: Evidence from American Publicly Listed Corporations. Working paper.
- Chiesa, M., Barua, S. and Banga, J. (forthcoming) The Green Bond Learning Curve: Issuance, Maturity, and Price. Journal of Empirical Finance.
- Chiesa, M., Carvalho, S. and Barua, S. (forthcoming) How do Companies React to Cost of Debt? A Study of Debt Effects on Corporate Environmental Performance. Working paper.
- Creutzig, F., Bai, X., Khosla, R., Viguie, V. and Yamagata, Y. (forthcoming) Focus on Systematizing and Upscaling Urban Climate Mitigation Solutions. Environment Research Letters.
- Barker, S., Mulholland, E. and Caldecott, B.L. (2019) Directors' liability and climate risk: navigating the step change in disclosure and governance expectations. In, Kuilman, M. and Kloosterman, W. (eds.) Sustainability and Financial Markets. De Nederlandsche Bank, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- Bhardwaj, A., Joshi, M., Khosla, R. and Dubash, N.K. (2019) More priorities, more problems? Decision-making with multiple energy, development and climate objectives. Energy Research and Social Science, 49: 143-157.
- Coals, P., Burnham, D., Loveridge, A., Macdonald, D.W., 't Sas-Rolfes, M., Williams, V.L. and Vucetich, J.A. (2019) The Ethics of Human–Animal Relationships and Public Discourse: A Case Study of Lions Bred for Their Bones. Animals, 9(2).
- Farmer, J.D., Hepburn, C., Ives, M.C., Hale, T., Wetzer, T., Mealy, P. Rafaty, R., Srivastav, S. and Way, R. (2019) Sensitive intervention points in the post-carbon transition. Science, 364(6436): 132-134.
- Fuldauer, L.I., Ives, M.C., Adshead, D., Thacker, S. and Hall, J.W. (2019) Participatory planning of the future of waste management in small island developing states to deliver on the Sustainable Development Goals. Journal of Cleaner Production, 223: 147-162.
- Garrick, D., De Stefano, L., Yu, W., Jorgensen, I., O'Donnell, E., Turley, L., Aguilar-Barajas, I., Dai, X., de Souza Leão, R., Punjabi, B., Schreiner, B., Svensson, J. and Wight, C. (2019) Rural water for thirsty cities: a systematic review of water reallocation from rural to urban regions. Environmental Research Letters, 14(4). 043003.
- Gooden, J. (2019) Cultivating identity through private land conservation. People and Nature.
- Gooden, J. (2019) Prudential value and the meaning of nature conservation. ECOS, 40(2). British Association of Nature Conservationists.
- Gooden, J. and Moir, F. (2019) Consensus, clusters, and trade-offs in wildlife-friendly ranching: An advance analysis of stakeholder goals in northern Mexico. Biological Conservation, 236: 443-451.
- Grasham, C.F., Korzenevica, M. and Charles, K.J. (2019) On considering climate resilience in urban water security: a review of the vulnerability of the urban poor in sub‐Saharan Africa. WIREs Water.
- Hoque, S.F., Hope, R., Arif, S.T., Akhter, T., Naz, M. and Salehin, M. (2019) A social-ecological analysis of drinking water risks in coastal Bangladesh. Science of the Total Environment, 679: 23-34.
- Innocenti, S. and Cowan, R. (2019) Self-efficacy beliefs and Imitation: a two armed bandit experiment. European Economic Review, 113: 156-172.
- Ives, M.C., Hickford, A.J., Adshead, D., Thacker, S., Hall, J.W., Nicholls, R.J., Sway, T., Abu Ayyash, M., Jones, R. and O'Reagan, N. (2019) A systems-based assessment of Palestine's current and future infrastructure requirements. Journal of Environmental Management, 234: 200-213.
- Khosla, R. and Janda, K.B. (2019) India’s building stock: towards energy and climate change solutions. Building Research and Information, 47(1): 1-7.
- Kruger, W., Stritzke, S., and Trotter, P.A. (2019) De-risking solar auctions in sub-Saharan Africa - a comparison of site selection strategies in South Africa and Zambia. Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 104: 429-438.
- Mittermeier, J.C., Roll, U., Matthews, T.J. and Grenyer, R. (2019) A season for all things: Phenological imprints in Wikipedia usage and their relevance to conservation. PLoS Biology.
- Nowicki, S., Lapworth, D.J., Ward, J.S.T., Thomson, P. and Charles, K. (2019) Tryptophan-like fluorescence as a measure of microbial contamination risk in groundwater. Science of The Total Environment, 646: 782-791.
- O'Donnell, E.L., Garrick, D.E. and Horne, A.C. (2019) Reallocation through irrigation modernization: The 'once-in-a-hundred-year' opportunity of the North-South Pipeline, Australia. Water Security, 6. 100028.
- Peters, R. and Woodhouse, P. (2019) Reform and Regression: Discourses of Water Reallocation in Mpumalanga, South Africa. Water Alternaives, 12(3).
- Saygin, D., Rigter, J., Caldecott, B.L., Wagner, N. and Gielen, D. (2019) Power sector asset stranding effects of climate policies. Energy Sources, Part B: Economics, Planning, and Policy.
- Schumacher, K. (2019) Approval procedures for large-scale renewable energy installations: comparison of national legal frameworks in Japan, New Zealand, the EU and the US. Energy Policy, 129: 139-152.
- Thomä, J., Caldecott, B.L. and Ralite, S. (2019) Sustainability Improvement Loans: a risk-based approach to changing capital requirements in favour of sustainability outcomes. 2degrees Investing Initiative (Paris, France) and Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford (Oxford, UK)
- Thomson, P., Bradley, D., Katilu, A., Katuva, J., Lanzoni, M., Koehler, J. and Hope, R. (2019) Rainfall and groundwater use in rural Kenya. Science of The Total Environment, 649: 722-730.
- Urban, M. and Wojcik, D. (2019) Dirty Banking: Probing the Gap in Sustainable Finance. Sustainability, 11(6).
- Way, R., Lafond, F., Lillo, F., Panchenko, V. and Farmer, D. (2019) Wright meets Markowitz: How standard portfolio theory changes when assets are technologies following experience curves. Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, 101: 211-238.