Publications from all members of the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment are provided below. Academic publications and research outputs are also provided on individual staff webpages and by research theme.
View publications from other years:
Selected Publications (2009)
20 publications listed
- Arrow, K.J., Cohen, L., David, P.A., Hahn, R.W., Kolstad, C.D., Lane, L., Montgomery, W.D., Nelson, R.R., Noll, R.G. and Smith, A.E. (2009) A Statement on the Appropriate Role for Research and Development in Climate Policy. The Economists' Voice, 6(1): 1-4.
- Caldecott, B.L. (ed.) (2009) Litterbugs: how to deal with the problem of littering. Campaign to Protect Rural England and Policy Exchange, London, UK. ISBN: 978-1-906097-42-4.
- Caldecott, B.L. (2009) World within: a Borneo story. In, Tunnicliffe, J. (ed.) The Pocket Library. The Travellers Club, London, UK.
- Caldecott, B.L. and McIlveen, R. (2009) Knowledge is power: securing transparency in Britain's liberalised energy market. Policy Exchange, London, UK. Research Note.
- Caldecott, B.L. and Sweetman, T. (2009) Warm homes: delivering energy efficiency improvements in the UK. Policy Exchange, London, UK. Research Note.
- Caldecott, B.L. and Tooze, S. (2009) Green skies thinking: promoting the development and commercialisation of sustainable bio-jet fuels. Policy Exchange, London, UK. Research Note.
- Cecot, C. and Hahn, R. (2009) The Benefits and Costs of Ethanol: An Evaluation of the Government's Analysis. Journal of Regulatory Economics, 35(3): 275-295.
- Clark, G.L., Caerlewy-Smith, E. and Marshall, J.C. (2009) Solutions to the asset allocation problem by informed respondents: the significance of the size-of-bet and the 1/n heuristic. Risk Management and Insurance Review, 12(2): 251-271.
- Grubb, M., Haney, A.B. and Wilde, J. (2009) Plugging the gap in energy efficiency policies: the emergence of the UK ‘carbon reduction commitment’. European Review of Energy Markets, 3(2): 33-62.
- Hahn, R. (2009) Climate Policy and the Art of the Possible. Milken Institute Review, Second Quarter: 36-47.
- Hahn, R. (2009) Climate Policy: Separating Fact from Fantasy. Harvard Environmental Law Review, 33(2): 557-591.
- Hahn, R. (2009) Greenhouse Gas Auctions and Taxes: Some Political Economy Considerations. Review of Environmental Economics and Policy, 3(2): 1-22.
- Hahn, R. (2009) Regulating Our Way to Freedom? The American, 2(6): 108-109.
- Hahn, R. (2009) Where is Internet policy really headed? The Economists' Voice, 6(10): 1-3.
- Hahn, R. and Passell, P. (2009) Is Trillion the New Billion? The Economists' Voice, 6(1): 1-4.
- Hahn, R. and Wallstern, S. (2009) An Economic Perspective on a U.S. National Broadband Strategy. Policy and Internet, 1(1): 113-137.
- Haney, A.B. and Pollitt, M.G. (2009) Efficiency analysis of energy networks: An international survey of regulators. Energy Policy, 37(12): 5814-5830.
- Helm, D., Wardlaw, J. and Caldecott, B.L. (2009) Delivering a 21st century infrastructure for Britain. Policy Exchange, London, UK. ISBN: 978-1-906097-55-4.
- Kapur, D., Khosla, R. and Mehta, P.B. (2009) Climate change: India’s options. Economic and Political Weekly, 44(31): 34-42.
- McIlveen, R. and Caldecott, B.L. (eds.) (2009) A wasted opportunity: getting the most out of Britain's bins. Policy Exchange, London, UK. ISBN: 978-1-906097-52-3.