Selected publications, presentations and reports (since 2017)
Making Light Work
Making Light Work evaluates the policy-facing opportunities and challenges of implementing a utility-scale transition to solar power in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Money, A., Stritzke, S., Geiger, M and Ayers. J. Making Light Work Policy Briefing, Sustainable Development Programme, British Academy. 2018
- Stritzke, S. (forthcoming) Clean Energy for all: The implementation of Scaling Solar in Zambia, World Journal of Science, Technology and Sustainable Development. 2018
- Kruger, W., Stritzke, S., Trotter, P. (forthcoming) De-risking solar auctions in sub-Saharan Africa. 2018
- Money, A. Polycentric Governance and Africa's Energy Transition, Working Paper, Sustainable Development Programme, British Academy. 2018
- Money, A. Making Light Work Policy Blog, Sustainable Development Programme, British Academy. 2018
- Money, A. Making Light Work, Presentation at Sub Saharan Africa Power Summit 2017, Lusaka, Zambia. 2017
- Money, A. Renewable Energy in Africa, PEI Spotlight Seminar, Planet Earth Institute. 2017. (seminar slides)
- Geiger, M. The Future of Renewable Energy Infrastructure Financing, Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford. 2017
- Stritzke, S. Public Private Partnerships and the implementation of large scale renewable energy projects in Africa | WASD 16th International Annual Conference on Public private partnerships for the implementation of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, United Nations Joint Inspections Unit, 2018
Bridging the Gap
Bridging the Gap focuses on corporate-centric models of infrastructure development. A pioneering and collaborative project, we engage with many external stakeholders.
- Money, A., Rudebeck, T. and Pierard, E. The Constructive Corporation: Bridging the Water Infrastructure Gap. Working Paper. 2018
- Money, A., Rudebeck, T., and Pierard, E. Innovating Infrastructure Investment: A literature review, Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford. 2018
- Money, A., Rudebeck, T. and Pierard, E. Innovating infrastructure investment: Project Deliverables. Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford. 2018
- Money, A., Rudebeck, T. and Pierard, E. Bridging the Gap: executive summary, Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, University of Oxford. 2018. [Spanish version]
Other in3 programme outputs
Our work spans a number of research activities and institutional relationships. For more information, please get in touch.
- Stritzke, S. (2018) Practical challenges of sustainable electrification in Africa Workshop Final report, June 2018
- Money, A. (2018) Hybridity and Blended Finance. World Water Council Report
- Money, A. Ten Actions for Financing Water Infrastructure. World Water Council Report. 2018
- Money, A. A Typology of Water Infrastructure Investors. World Water Council Report. 2018
- Money, A. A Typology of Water Infrastructure Projects. World Water Council Report. 2018
- Money, A. Scaling up financing through an attractive risk-return profile. OECD-WWC-Netherlands Roundtable on Financing Water. 2017
- Garrick, D.E., Hall, J.W., Dobson, A., Damania, R., Grafton, R.Q., Hope, R., Hepburn, C., Bark, R., Boltz, F., De Stefano, L., O'Donnell, E., Matthews, N. and Money, A. (2017) Valuing water for sustainable development. Science, 358(6366): 1003-1005.
- Money, A. Corporate Water Risk and Return. Chapter 9 in, Pereira, L.M., McElroy, C.A., Littaye, A. and Girard, A.M. (eds.) Food, Energy and Water Sustainability: Emergent Governance Strategies. Routledge, London. 278 pp. ISBN: 9781138904095. 2017
- Blended finance for water infrastructure: hope or hype? Blog post by Dr Alex Money for IRC.
- Money, A. The Role of Water Technology Innovation in the Blue Economy. 4th Water Research Conference, University of Waterloo. 2017
- Money, A. Circularity and One Water. Presentation at SIWI World Water Week, Stockholm. 2017