Asset Owner Sustainability Leadership Programme
The Asset Owner Sustainability Leadership Programme blends the academic research and teaching expertise at the University of Oxford with the thought leadership and networks of the International Centre for Pension Management (ICPM). In partnering we have co-created a programme which recognises that owner owners are rapidly embracing sustainability, but that there is now a critical need to translate the latest insights in climate and biodiversity science into a responsible investment policy based on evidence-based investment beliefs.
Centred around a three-day residential at the University of Oxford, and held in stunning historical surrounds, participants will engage critically with systems and theories in sustainability, such as:
- The latest in the science of climate change and biodiversity;
- Legal contexts, including the interpretations of fiduciary duty, reporting, risks of litigation and more;
- How asset owners can be sustainability leaders and drive meaningful change;
- How asset owners use scientific insight when setting a responsible investment policy and when overseeing its execution;
- The impact of sustainability on asset pricing in financial markets and how this may shape investment beliefs.
- Opportunities from investing in nature, ESG integration, and more.
Through the programme participants will:
- Gain a deeper understanding of climate science, nature and biodiversity and how these can be applied to scenario analysis.
- Develop a foundational level of knowledge in sustainability and its interrelationship with financial markets.
- Explore legal frameworks and how these are relevant to companies and asset owners, and the trajectories for these across jurisdictions.
- Examine asset owner investment strategies, and understand how they can be made more effective.
- Consider responsible investing in private markets, and what this means across private equity, reat estate and infrastructure investments.
- Forge a global network of like-minded finance professionals in the asset ownership industry that are approaching sustainability from different angles and perspectives.
- Have the opportunity to learn from, challenge, and engage in conversation with leading Oxford faculty and expert practitioners who blend research with experience.
- Undertake a unique 'Oxford experience' and a residential programme which explores the history and culture that the city has to offer including walking tours, candlelit college dinners and punting.
The programme is designed to equip participants with essential foundational knowledge of core principles and concepts in sustainable finance, as well as an advanced understanding of the very latest developments. It is an ideal preparation for current and emerging professional examinations in sustainable finance and related areas.
Alumni will receive invitations to our events and conferences as part of our growing community. Alumni are eligible for a 15% discount on all other Oxford Sustainable Finance Group open enrolment executive programmes.
We invite a diverse cohort of participants from pension funds, sovereign wealth funds, endowments, foundations, and other institutional owners of assets across asset classes, security types and geographies.
The programme is aimed at an executive level, and is suitable for board members, C-suite officers, trustees, senior investment analysts and heads of functions
The programme is designed by ICPM and the Oxford Sustainable Finance Group, and the content is underpinned by their research, faculty and networks.
The Oxford Sustainable Finance Group is a multidisciplinary research centre working to be the world's best place for research and teaching on sustainable finance and investment. It was established in 2012 to align the theory and practice of finance and investment with global environmental sustainability.
The International Centre for Pension Management (ICPM) was founded in 2004 by Keith Ambachtsheer at the Rotman School of Management, University of Toronto, in order to bridge the gap between academic research and the pension fund industry.
The programme blends academic expertise with professional insight with contributions from leading Oxford and ICPM faculty and expert practitioners.
Applications are reviewed for suitability to the programme, and if the application is accepted, notification will be sent with a link for online payment.
Payment is due within 30 days of notification of acceptance, or 6 weeks before the programme begins, whichever is sooner. Registration will be confirmed on receipt of full payment of the programme fee. Places are allocated in order of receipt of payment. Prices are subject to revision.
Please read our full Terms and Conditions.
Fees & Funding
The programme fee includes all teaching costs, en-suite accommodation at an Oxford hotel for three nights, breakfast, lunch and a dinner. It does not include the cost of travel to and from Oxford, visas, insurance or any personal expenses.
Whilst we do not have guaranteed scholarship funding available as yet, we are considering requests for scholarships from participants working in the public sector and civil society. To be considered for a scholarship please ensure you select the appropriate option on the application form.
Application form – collection notice