Masterclass in Transition Planning
Over the past years, there has been a tidal wave of companies and financial institutions publicly committing to Net Zero. Now that commitments are in place, increasing attention is being paid to the transition plans that underpin the delivery of those targets. This Masterclass provides public servants and third sector representatives with a holistic understanding of private sector transition planning. It aims to equip participants with the knowledge of why transition plans matter, what to look for in a “good” transition plan and identify and mobilise the levers they have for encouraging companies and financial institutions to deliver ambitious and action-oriented plans.
- Session one - Introduction to Transition Plans - Wednesday 28 February 2024, 12.00-13.30 GMT
- Session two - What does a good transition plan look like? - Wednesday 6 March 2024, 12.00-13.30 GMT
- Session three - Insight from market practitioners, case studies and examples - Wednesday 20 March 2024, 12.00-13.30 GMT
- Session four - The international policy and regulatory landscape - Wednesday 27 March 2024, 12.00-13.30 GMT
By the end of this Masterclass participants will be able to:
- Explain the purpose of transition plans and the role that transition plans can play in mobilising transition finance;
- Outline what a good practice transition plan should cover;
- Navigate the landscape of existing and emerging guidance on transition planning;
- Understand how transition plans relate to the evolving landscape of regulations and supervisory expectations related to sustainable finance;
- Assess the role of public policy in motivating corporation and financial institutions to develop strong transition plans.
- Introduction to the course and the Transition Plan Taskforce
- From Pledges to Plans: the role of the private sector in delivering Net Zero
- Why do transition plans matter? Understanding the current and potential use cases.
- What does a “good” transition plan look like?
- Examples and case studies
- Together with a panel of practitioners and experts we will explore the challenges and opportunities that transition plans pose for companies in an emerging market context.
- How do transition plans relate to the broader landscape of regulation and supervisory expectations?
- How can public policy support and encourage good transition planning by the private sector?
Application form – collection notice