Unlocking Renewables Development in the Global South
|Date||Tuesday 5 December 2023|
|Time||09:00 - 10:00|
SDG 7 Pavilion
Blue Zone, Expo City Dubai
|How to register|
09.00-10.00 GST (UAE)
06.00-07.00 CET (Central Europe)
The transition to renewable energy is a once-in-a-generation opportunity for inclusive and sustainable development, but this is complicated by the shifting risk profile of projects in the Global South.
Join us in Dubai or virtually. In this event, we will discuss concrete, practical and actionable measures that can help project developers accelerate the clean energy transition, particularly in the Global South.
- Prof. Cameron Hepburn, Oxford University
- Alistair Phillips-Davies, CEO, SSE
- Damilola Ogunbiyi, CEO, SEforALL
- Tariye Gbadegesin, MD and CEO, ARM-Harish Infrastructure Investment Ltd
- Lars Gert Lose, Associate Partner and Head of Global Public Affairs, Copenhagen Infrastructure Partners
The event will also feature the launch of a new report from Oxford University that highlights the baseline issues, evolving risk landscape and huge opportunities for developers to achieve projects at scale in markets in the Global South.
This will be a hybrid event. For those attending in person, please note that the event is in the Blue Zone and attendees need to have their own Blue Zone badges. Seating will be available on a first-come first-served basis.