Dr Sugandha Srivastav
British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow
Dr Sugandha Srivastav is a British Academy Postdoctoral Fellow and lecturer in Environmental Economics at the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment.
Her research focuses on designing effective climate policy in low and middle-income countries. She also explores incentives for clean innovation & finance, and the political economy of energy transitions.
Sugandha is an affiliate of the Economics Department, an Early Career Research Fellow at Saïd Business School and a researcher for the Climate Compatible Growth Programme, where she leads the workstream on Economic Policy in low- and middle-income countries. Sugandha was awarded the Distinguished CESifo affiliate award for her work on bringing early-stage green technologies to market.
Sugandha has worked as an environmental and energy economist at Vivid Economics and ICRIER advising governments, private firms, and international organisations on a broad range of issues related to climate, energy, innovation, and natural resource management. She holds a DPhil in Environmental Economics from Oxford, and an MSc in Economics from LSE.
Sugandha’s research interests include the:
- economics of clean innovation
- environmental & energy economics
- public economics
- political economy of energy transitions
For details on working papers, visit Sugandha's website
Sugandha is the module co-lead for Environmental Economics in the MSc. in Sustainability, Enterprise and the Environment. Sugandha is also a college tutor at St. Antony's College.
- Srivastav, S., & Singh, T. 2022. Greening our Laws: Revising Land Acquisition Law for Coal Mining in India. Economic & Political Weekly.
- Srivastav, S., & Rafaty, R. (2022). Political Strategies to Overcome Climate Policy Obstructionism. Perspectives on Politics, 1-11. doi:10.1017/S1537592722002080
- Fankhauser, S., Kotsch, R., and Srivastav, S. (2020). The Readiness of Industry for a Transformative Recovery from COVID 19. Global Sustainability, 3, E37
- Rafaty, R., Srivastav, S., and Hoops, B. (2020). Revoking Coal Mining Permits: An Economic and Legal Analysis Climate Policy. Feb 18:1-7
- Farmer, J. D., C. Hepburn, M. C. Ives, T. Hale, T. Wetzer, P. Mealy, R. Rafaty, S. Srivastav, and R. Way. (2019). Sensitive intervention points in the post-carbon transition. Science 364(6436), pp 132-134
- Fankhauser, S., Srivastav, S., Kazaglis, A. (2017). Green Growth Opportunities for Asia. Asian Development Bank Economics Working Paper Series No. 508