Kaya Axelsson is the new, jointly appointed Net Zero Policy Engagement Fellow, working with the Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment and the Environmental Change Institute to support the practical application of net zero research insights. Kaya leads a team of researchers to aggregate and clearly communicate resources for defining and achieving net zero on a new digital platform for engaging businesses and policy makers. Kaya also hosts regular engagement events with the business and policy community. Kaya comes to this position from her post as the Vice-President at the Oxford Student Union where she helped to develop the University of Oxford's own sustainability strategy, including its pathway to net zero. Kaya holds an Mphil in Comparative Government where she earned a distinction for her thesis on the success of unlikely renewable energy coalitions.
- Research Assistant - Net Zero
- Allen, M., Axelsson, K., Caldecott, B., Hale, T., Hepburn, C., Hickey, C., Mitchell-Larson, E., Malhi, Y., Otto, F., Seddon, N. and Smith, S. (2020) The Oxford Principles for Net Zero Aligned Carbon Offsetting. Smith School of Enterprise and the Environment, Oxford.
- Quandt, Sara A, et al. "Heavy metal exposures among Mexican Farmworkers in eastern North Carolina." Environmental Research, 2010, 110:1, 83-88.
- Donati, George, Kathryn Pharr, et al. "Determination of Cd in Urine by Cloud Point Extraction-Tungsten Coil Atomic Absorption Spectrometry." Talanta, 2008, 76, 1252-1255.
- Pharr, Kathryn and Bradley T. Jones, "Extraction of Cadmium in Urine-A Brief Review." Applied Spectroscopic Reviews, 2007, 42(6), 563-572.
- Schreiber, H.D., K.E. Pharr; K.M. Mayhew. "Anthocyanin Content in Hydrangea Sepals." Journal of Undergraduate Chemistry Research, 2006, 5(1), 49-53.